FLU VACCINE IS NOW AVAILABLE - If you fall into one of the 'At Risk' categories below, please contact reception and make an appointment to be vaccinated.
PLEASE NOTE THAT THAT DUE TO THE COMPLEXITY OF THE VACCINATION SCHEDULE THIS YEAR AND SUPPLY ISSUES WITH VACCINE, CLINICS WILL BE HELD ON SPECIFIC DATES FOR EACH AGE RANGE. DATES FOR THE CLINICS ARE AVAILABLE FROM RECEPTION.
Patients that are eligible for flu vaccination should fall into one of the 'At Risk' categories below;
- Children aged 2 - 5 who are not yet at school.
- Aged 65 and over on 31.03.19
- Chronic respiratory disease
- Asthma that requires continuous or repeated use of inhaled steroids or systemic steroids or with previous exacerbations requiring hospital admission within last 12 months.
- COPD including chronic bronchitis and emphysema, bronchiectasis, cystic fybrosis, interstitial lung fibrosis, pneumoconiosis and bronchopulmonary dysplasia. Children who have previously been admitted to hospital for lower respiratory tract disease.
- Chronic heart disease
- Chronic kidney disease
- Chronic liver disease
- Chronic neurological disease
- Asplenia or dysfunction of spleen
- Pregnant women
- Unpaid carers and young carers
- BMI greater than or equal to 40